Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pumpkins

Each year we get pumpkins and carve them as a family.  This year we added our nephew Dylan to the crew and it was quite the day.  Caden actually touched the inside of the pumpkin for the first time, and I think Dylan doing it first pushed me enough to want to do it himself.

Note to self...do not do pumpkins outside on a hot, sunny day.  The boys lose interest in 3.2 seconds and are off riding bikes and you are left cleaning up the hot, smelly, pumpkins.






 Doesn't everyone give a 3 year old a knife and a screwdriver to use all by himself?


 Despite this lovely look by Ed we still have friends in the neighborhood.  Shocking, I know!!
 Look at his face.  He's totally grossed out but keeping it together because Dylan was there.  This is a HUGE step for Caden. There wasn't even one dry heave or gag.

 His father on the other hand is still dealing with sensory issues at 38, hence the face mask and gloves.

 AND...... Five minutes later they were done!


 To Poodie, Uncle D, Zachie, Tay Tay, Connor, and Kelsey..... as you clearly see from these pictures.  Some things never change! Different state.... same crazy guy riding around his yard on his bike!!

2 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH Jenny....Doug and I are literally cracking up over here! Doug wants to know if Ed is using a chainsaw to carve the pumpkins and hence, the face shield? Also, does his bike have a banana seat??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny!!!! I LOVE these pictures, and the first thing I thought of when I saw the bike was that picture we have of Ed riding his bike in your yard next door. Miss you all immensly.

    ReplyDelete