Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Boys will be Boys

I grew up with a sister.  We played with Barbie dolls, My little ponies.  We pretended we worked at a grocery store or a restaurant and took orders and pretended to serve people food.  We were calm, for the most part, and were girls.  That's what girls do, they play quietly.
Now boys on the other hand.... they run, jump, flip, turn, punch, kick, and fly through the air like little monkeys.  They get dirty and love it, which makes Mommy totally twitch.  Then they get even dirtier because they know Mommy is twitching.
I really do not need to write anything else.  The pictures tell the story.  Please note... no child was harmed in the photographing of this normal everyday afternoon. Yes, these events have occurred more than once.











 Above:  Molly calmly watches from the sidelines.  Below:  They had to pick up their toys so we didn't have any injuries form falling on toys.

 In case you were at all confused, Caden believes he is a Power Ranger or a Nina Turtle depending on the day.  Jackson was practicing his dance moves in the background.



Ok.. here is the story with the pictures below.  Last week it had rained and the sand in the sandbox got wet.  The boys were outside playing and I was on the phone with my roommate from college, Erin. Erin has two sweet, calm, and clean little girls.  As I was telling her what was about to happen outside her exact words were, "Oh Jenny just let them get dirty."  I decided to quit being such a naggy mother and let them get a little dirty.  Well, this is what the end result was.  I texted a picture to Erin and she said.."Oh that totally makes me twitch."  It's clear that the definition of dirty to a mother of girls and a mother of boys is two totally different things.  Love you Erin!!
 That is wet sand and dirt in case you were confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment