Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of Pre-School

Today was a monumental day in our family, it was Caden's first day of Pre-School.  Caden attended Bug Camp this summer at the same place where his Pre-School is held, so I think that this really helped him transition today.
Jackson and I took him this morning at 9am for drop off.  He walked into the classroom, literally threw his backpack at his teacher and ran off to go play.  I of course grabbed the backpack and hung it on the hook and insisted that Caden come over and give me a hug and a kiss before I left.  He ran back to playing and never looked back.  Jackson on the other hand, was heartbroken that we left his brother at school and he had to go home with me.  He threw a fit and literally would not get into his car seat.  Fun Times!

Then at 11:30 when it was time to go pick Caden up I took my mom (Mi-Mi) with me.  Of course we were almost at there to pick Caden up, it was 11:27, and a train got stopped literally 100 yards from the church we were driving to.  Being the crazy mom that I am, I drove on the wrong side of the road, did a completely illegal U-turn and found a different way to the church.  I pulled right up front, parked in a no parking zone and ran in to get Caden.

When I walked in he was waiting near the door and ran out and gave me a huge hug.  He had chocolate all over his mouth that surprised the hell out of me, because that meant he ate the snack that the served.  HUGE success on Day 1!!  The teacher said he was such a good boy and was an excellent listener.  He even got a sticker of sitting quietly on the carpet during story time and as he said, "sitting criss cross applesauce."  He even fell when they were playing outside and had a scraped up knee.  I asked him if he cried or if he told the teacher and he said, "No Mommy, I'm a tough guy."  On the way home he told us that school was GREAT and he was excited to go back.  I was thrilled that my morning went to quickly and both boys were exhausted and ready for naps right after lunch.

I know this is a really long post, but I want to remember this day for a long, long time.  For our shy little boy to completely believe in himself and confidently go into a brand new classroom all by himself and have a great day is unbelievable.  We are so proud of him and cannot wait to see him grow even more through this school year.

 Someone else thought they were going to school too.




 He looks SO big in this picture!!




No comments:

Post a Comment