This year we had multiple celebrations for Caden's Birthday. I'm realizing now that we may need to put the kabosh on that in the future as he is now asking daily, "Are we having another party for me?" Regardless, Ed and I decided to take off work this year and spend some quality time with just Caden. It's hard to find the time to special things with the boys individually, so Birthdays are now going to be those special days for each of the boys.
We decorated the entire house and he was so excited when he woke up and saw all the balloons. We also got Dunkin Donuts so he could enjoy his special pink donut with sprinkles on it. Then Poodie came and spoiled Caden with all of his gifts. He absolutely LOVED the keyboard with the microphone. Watch out Pauly D.. we have a new Jersey DJ in town!!
Then we left for our special trip to Barnes and Nobles. Caden loved the train table and all the books. Ed loved the coffee and the books, and I of course just loved all the books!! We didn't anticipate having that much fun (or spending that much money), but fun was had by all.
Then we went home and were pleasantly suprised with Mi Mi and Paw Paw who came to spend the day with us for Caden's Birthday, and of course spoiled him with more presents.
We had a great day with family and friends that we think of as family. Caden had a great day and was absolutely exhausted when it was time for bed. I am so glad that we started this fun family tradition, and I hope that we continue it for many, many years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment