Thursday, June 30, 2016

Jackson's Broken arm - June 2016

I REFUSE to fall a year behind on this blog.  I've worked too hard over the past, umm... almost 7 years and I will do my best now to catch up.  So without further ado... here is the last year in review. (I'm actually writing this is March 2017 but back dating it to June 2016)


June marked the end of school.  We were so excited for Summer to be here that we planned an end of the year pizza party at our house for the last day of school. Julie, Dylan and my parents were planning on joining us.

We were all outside playing on the swing set in the backyard when Julie walked in the back gate.  Jackson was so excited to see them that he jumped off the swing and when he landed he put his arm down on the ground.  Just below his elbow bent at a funny angle and he let out a cry that I've never heard before.  I looked at Julie and we both immediately knew it was broken.  We grabbed Jackson and ran out the door.  We didn't know where we were going, but we took off.

I still get queasy in my stomach as I write this and think about that day.  We ended up going to the Osteopathic ER and waiting for our friend who is an orthopedic surgeon.  Ed drove back from Maryland and four hours later we were headed home with quite a big cast.  It was definitely not how we planned to start our summer, but Jackson was such a trooper through it all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment