We then decided to head over to the local nursery to pick out our Christmas tree. Still in positive spirits we were bound to save the day. We were no farther than 100 yards from our school when I heard Ed yell. I was talking to Caden and not paying attention until I heard and felt a terrible THUD under the car. We had hit (and killed) a cat. Ed pulled over just to make sure that there wasn't anything we could do, and there obviously was nothing we could do. I won't go into details, but I will say a few cars passed after us and the cat disappeared. Seriously, who does this happen to?
Then we finally made it to the nursery and it was raining out. We proceeded to try and enjoy this once a year experience despite the fact that we were getting wet, there were mud puddles everywhere and we were all, at this point, in a pretty terrible mood. We took Caden inside the gift shop and lied to him and told him it was Santa's workshop. His little eyes were huge, he had a sweet smile on his face and he kept saying how amazing it was. Jackson just squirmed in our arms and wanted to run after his brother.
Definitely not the day we had planned, but still a decent day. Tomorrow, we will try again to go have breakfast with Santa. Our driver has promised to be much more alert.
Look at Caden's face. He was looking around at everything and taking it all in. It was so cute!
Caden's feet are NOT touching the ground in the above picture. He was just a little excited.
This my friends, is the amazing tree that we ended up coming home with. Seems fitting after everything else that happened today, right?
Jackson loved being in the middle of the action this year and walked around with the broom and the dust pan for most of the morning.
This is a sad, tired, Caden who didn't understand why we didn't have any presents for him. This whole Christmas process has a lot of different step to it that I guess can be very confusing to a three year old. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment